Article Submission Guidelines
Article submissions to Rigger.com are free and new additions to our database are indexed once a day or every 24 hours. This means that any article you submit will be searchable by, and available to, visitors the day after it is submitted.
Rigger.com's ability to remain a free service to everyone is due to advertiser support. We reserve the right to publish ads on the same pages as your articles, to include ads in email alerts and/or XML feeds of any kind.
Your article content must meet the submission guidelines of our aggressive pre-screening process to include the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be 100% exclusively owned by you. If you are submitting for someone else, please submit the article as if it were from them.
- Submit your article only once. Duplicate submissions will not be accepted. There is no tolerance for this practice and authors who practice in this will be banned.
- Submissions that are commercial or advertorial in content are not acceptable. This includes: advertisements, sales letters, promotional copy, or articles with blatant/excessive self-promotion or hype. Rigger.com is a free-content directory not a platform for advertising commercial products, services and/or programs.
- Submissions must be a minimum of 400 words. Articles must be informative by providing useful content.
- Submissions must not tease the reader to another site to get the full effect. Your article content must deliver on the promise.
- Submissions cannot not be plagiarized or in violation of another author's copyright. Refer to our copyright policy for more information.
- Submissions must not contain or reference adult/ pornographic content, defamatory, libelous, inflammatory or offensive, that promote hate literature or illegal activities or that are in violation of another person's, or companies, rights or & trademarks.
- Submissions must not contain content on terrorism/illegal drugs/firearms or the promotion of prescription drugs or hard alcohol/tobacco related products.
- Submissions must not include tag (keyword) clouds.
- Submissions must contain proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure and should be proof read by you or another party prior to submission.
- Submissions must not be spun or be PLR (Private Label Rights) articles or term papers/essays for sale.
Article submissions are subject to length restrictions. These are outlined below:
- Article Title: Maximum 150 characters.
- Article: A minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 2,500 words. (Max 15K Characters)
- Author Bio: 400 characters
Please Note: These character limits include all spaces, line breaks, paragraph breaks and punctuation, so the actual number of characters will be less than the above numbers.
Article Formatting and Links
We strongly recommend that authors submitting to Rigger.com copy and paste articles from a basic text editor like Notepad or NoteTab Light. Following this suggestion will ensure that paragraph breaks, line length and other basic formatting will be properly handled by our submission form. Copying and pasting content from applications like MS Word can and does result in a variety of formatting problems. These applications use non-ASCII (sometimes invisible) characters that are copied with article content into the submission form, causing articles to appear differently from the way they were submitted.
Keeping the above in mind, it is not necessary for authors to use html tags for specifying font size or to create paragraph and line breaks. Use of HTML should be minimal and we suggest HTML tags only be used for creating live links to sites, services or products.
Any link that begins with:
will automatically be clickable. For example:
would appear as a hyperlink. To hyperlink a word or phrase, HTML anchor tags need to be placed around that word or phrase.
<a href="http://www.rigger.com">Free Content Article Search Engine</a>
Other Submission Guidelines:
- Titles must NOT contain any URLs.
- Titles must be more than one word.
- Titles must NOT have HTML tags of any kind.
- Titles must NOT be all upper case or lower case letters.
- Titles must NOT contain repetitive punctuation such as !!! or ???
- Titles must NOT contain the names of prescription drugs or affiliate programs.
- Duplicate links to the same URL in the article body are not allowed.
- Links in the article body should relate to, or support, your article content.
- Links that are only used for keyword anchoring to your site(s) are not allowed.
Promotional links for your site, service or product should be restricted to your Author Bio.
Free and Re-Printable Content
Rigger.com is a free content article directory. This means that any webmaster, publisher, or editor may re-print your article(s) subject to the basic terms and conditions outlined on this site. You are granting unconditional permission for your articles to be reprinted on other websites or print publications.
Rigger.com's policy prohibits the use of copyrighted material in a manner that violates the copyright owner's rights. In general, this means that authors should only submit their own original written work to which they have natural copyright.
In cases where copyright is disputed, articles will be immediately removed without recourse or discussion, regardless of the arguments presented by the disputing parties. Authors who are found to be in breach of copyright will be banned and all of their submitted content removed.
Actions to Take in the Event of Copyright Violation:
Rigger.com is a free content article directory. We act as an intermediary between authors and publishers and post guidelines for both regarding copyright adherence. Copyright resides with the authors who submit to our directory, not with us. As a consequence, Rigger.com has no legal standing to enforce copyright on behalf of authors.
In the event of copyright violation, we advise authors to exercise their rights under The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 by taking the following steps:
- Contact the offending party directly asking them to rectify the copyright violation.
- If the above fails, contact the ISP that hosts the offending website and the domain registrar that holds the registration for the website domain.
Information for the domain registrar and hosting service can generally be obtained by doing a lookup using any WhoIs service such as:
Most Domain Registrars and ISPs will respond to a copyright enforcement request by warning or suspending the offending party. If they fail to do so, have a lawyer make the same request in writing. This last action rarely fails to produce results.
Note: Rigger.com reserves the right to remove any article or articles for any reason with or without notice or explanation. In cases where the above or other guidelines are severely abused, so-called authors will be banned. All authors must also agree to our Terms of Service.
The articles on this Web site are provided for information purposes only and for redistribution as outlined in our guidelines. Rigger.com.com does not accept any responsibility or liability for the use or misuse of the article content on this site or reliance by any person on the site's contents.
For additional information, read the full text of our Terms & Conditions.